Topics

APRS - random transmit

William Hensley

For quite a while now, I have left my TM-D700 listening to APRS, and not transmitting.

Here recently, it will randomly transmit.  What may be doing this?

Tnx & 73, Kim - WG8S

Randy Allen

Check to see if you have Digipeat turned on.

In the Menu, APRS 3-K, Digipeater.

If it's on, then it will digipeat heard packets of any station local to you (such as mobile passing through) whether you have BCON on or not.

73

Randy KA0AZS

On 11/4/2020 11:19, William Hensley wrote:
For quite a while now, I have left my TM-D700 listening to APRS, and not transmitting.

Here recently, it will randomly transmit.  What may be doing this?

Tnx & 73, Kim - WG8S

_._,_._,_