From: Patrick Ryan KC6VVT <kc6vvt@...>
To: IllinoisPacketRadio@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:45 AM
Subject: APRS - Primer

APRS - Primer

Thanks to Steve K9DCI for sharing this link.
73 de Pat KC6VVT

--
R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT Grid: EN51lf

R. Patrick Ryan

Hey, happy to plug a fellow matman who became a ham, there are so damn few of us.

Before I dive into your pages again, did you not write software to load or manage the TM-D700A frequencies via XCell spreadsheet?

Got a shortcut to a sample .xl file?

Wondered if you ever experimented with doing the same with a TM-D710, the TS-2000, and the TH-D7A (D-72A is the current) HT??

73 de Pat KC6VVT

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM, noskosteve@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:

Pat,

Thanks for spreading the word. I have had positive comments on my guide. Scott, K7AID did a good job hosting the information on his site: http://www.hamhowto.org/index.php?title=APRS_-_Primer

I finally had time to get my web site back up. My original document is available from there (as well as the D700 Yahoo group).

I also see in *this* Files Area there are PDF files of an APRS PowerPoint I did as well as an older version of my Guide. If anyone wants the actual PowerPoint, let me know via K9DCI@... (my CONTACT page is disfunctional), however, it has lots of images, but few explanatory words.

Direct Download Link to the latest APRS Guide.pdf Vers 5.1.L:

http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/APRS%20Beginner%20Guide%20-%20K9DCI%20Ver%205-1.pdf

This will probably be the last revision I will do.

My Site: http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/

My APRS Page: http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/site/?/page/APRS_Beginner_INFO/ (With additional info)

--

73, Steve, K9DCI