Topics

APRS Messages not reciving

Cedric MacKay <CedricMacKay@...>

I am not getting messages from other people when sent to my radio over aprs I see them on aprs.fi but my radio is not getting them. Any ideas?

I am new to APRS and ham radio so I am kinda lost.

Thanks
John
KD0PMZ

noskosteve

Hi John,

You'll need to provide more information on the basic operation in order to help trouble shooting this.

Well, to start, your radio has to be on and within range, and receiving packets from either them, or within range of a digipeater that they are within range of, or within range of an IGate if they are far away.

Have you tried this with the two radios within simplex range of each other (next to each other)?

Hav you tried enabling auto answer?

Is your radio receiving packets from other stations (are there *recent* stations in yout station list)?

Does the other station receive messages from you?

When your radio beacons, a short time later,, does your radio show "MY POSITION?

Do you see packets in the Packet Monitor (PMON) screen?

Have you read the beginner guide?

http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/APRS%20Beginner%20Guide%20-%20K9DCI%20Ver%205-1.pdf

Sent from my KnightKit Crystal Set.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

I served during the cold war, so you can continue to be served a cold one.

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
Click the APRS Beginner INFO link under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em...
For:
TM-D700 | TH-F6A | TS-2000 | Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
NOT D710|Also Kenwood.fx Files|

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/