Topics

APRS

jlesage@...

I am looking for information for the beginner on tx and aprs through
Sats. Any suggestions on where to look? Need the very basic first
steps. I am doing great on 2meter land base now want to expand.

Samuel Barker <srbarker@...>

Take a look at the ARRL website, you should be able to find some good information there.  www.arrl.net.

Also, the AMSAT-NA site has loads of good info on most of the birds, take a look there.  www.amsat.org.

There is an article in the newest QST magazine that lays out some simple operating procedures on UO-14, and has some info on SO-35 as well.  I highly recommend that article.  I’ve had pretty good luck with SO-35, and not so good with UO-14.

I would suggest starting with SO-35.  It’s a pretty easy bird to work, so the frustration level will be a little lower.  Good satellite to cut your teeth on (I’m still in that mode myself).  The best place to go for SO-35 info is the SunSat web page.  http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za/index.html.  You’ll find some pretty detailed operating instructions there, as well as the voice pass schedule.

Samuel, W7YYY

I am looking for information for the beginner on tx and aprs through
Sats.  Any suggestions on where to look?  Need the very basic first
steps.  I am doing great on 2meter land base now want to expand.

  Subscribe:    TMD700A-subscribe@...

DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this

addressee. If you have received this communication

(208) 344-7811 and ask to speak to the sender. Also,