Topics

9600 packet

W1GTT

Ok. I’m sure it’s easy but I can’t figure out how to put the TM-D700 into 9600 baud packet. No issues with APRS 9600, not able to access 9600 packet. Any help appreciated. Set 9600 in the software program but radio still displays 1200
Thanks in advance.

Bill, W1GTT

jcppointcastcom

the TMD700 (or 710) has no capability to do 9600 bps packet.  That needs a different modem, which the radio lacks.
  -jcp-

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 12:31 PM W1GTT via groups.io <w1gtt=AOL.COM@groups.io> wrote:

Ok. I’m sure it’s easy but I can’t figure out how to put the TM-D700 into 9600 baud packet. No issues with APRS 9600, not able to access 9600 packet. Any help appreciated. Set 9600 in the software program but radio still displays 1200
Thanks in advance.

Bill, W1GTT

Jess Haas

The built in TNC does 9600bps packet just fine. The computer needs to send a TNC command to switch to 9600. Been a while since I have done it but you should be able to find setup instructions for whatever software you are using.

-Jess
K5LLI

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020, 12:47 PM jcppointcastcom <jcp@...> wrote:
the TMD700 (or 710) has no capability to do 9600 bps packet.  That needs a different modem, which the radio lacks.
  -jcp-

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 12:31 PM W1GTT via groups.io <w1gtt=AOL.COM@groups.io> wrote:

Ok. I’m sure it’s easy but I can’t figure out how to put the TM-D700 into 9600 baud packet. No issues with APRS 9600, not able to access 9600 packet. Any help appreciated. Set 9600 in the software program but radio still displays 1200
Thanks in advance.

Bill, W1GTT

jcppointcastcom

Is that actually 9600bps *on the air*?  or is it just 9600 bps on the interface to the TNC?  I was pretty sure you couldnt do any on-air protocol at 9600bps with a 700.  If thats not true thats great news but it'd be new to me and i've had one since they TMD700 was a brand new (in fact mine was the demo at HRO Sunnyvale when they first came out)
  -jcp-

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 1:05 PM Jess Haas <km6gvw@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes 9600 on the air. I have used for both winlink and my own 9600 baud APRS network.

-Jess
K5LLI

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020, 2:07 PM jcppointcastcom <jcp@...> wrote:
[...]

Awesome. Today I learned...
  -jcp-

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 2:09 PM Jess Haas <km6gvw@...> wrote:
[...]

David Ranch

The D710A does G3RUH 9600bps packet just fine

--David
KI6ZHD

On 08/31/2020 12:46 PM, jcppointcastcom wrote:
the TMD700 (or 710) has no capability to do 9600 bps packet.  That needs a different modem, which the radio lacks.
  -jcp-

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 12:31 PM W1GTT via groups.io <w1gtt=AOL.COM@groups.io> wrote:

Ok. I’m sure it’s easy but I can’t figure out how to put the TM-D700 into 9600 baud packet. No issues with APRS 9600, not able to access 9600 packet. Any help appreciated. Set 9600 in the software program but radio still displays 1200
Thanks in advance.

Bill, W1GTT

jcppointcastcom

is that also true of the TMD700?  Or just the 710?
  -jcp-

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 2:41 PM David Ranch <tmd710@...> wrote:

The D710A does G3RUH 9600bps packet just fine

--David
KI6ZHD

On 08/31/2020 12:46 PM, jcppointcastcom wrote:
the TMD700 (or 710) has no capability to do 9600 bps packet.  That needs a different modem, which the radio lacks.
  -jcp-

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 12:31 PM W1GTT via groups.io <w1gtt=AOL.COM@groups.io> wrote:

Ok. I’m sure it’s easy but I can’t figure out how to put the TM-D700 into 9600 baud packet. No issues with APRS 9600, not able to access 9600 packet. Any help appreciated. Set 9600 in the software program but radio still displays 1200
Thanks in advance.

Bill, W1GTT

W1GTT

Problem solved. Yes the TM-D700
does do 9600 baud packet. Press [F] (1sec) TNC, [F] (1sec), TNC again to enter Packet mode. [“TNC PKT” should appear] Confirm TNC 1200. From a terminal program, Get a CMD prompt. At CMD: type HB  9600. TNC will go into 9600 and the 1200 will be replaced by 9600.