Topics

Unable to make D710GA Group or Program Scan work

KD7YZ Bob

On 7/18/2020 01:02, Mark Wolff wrote:
Good evening Bob -
Howdy.

Presume you are referring to Sec 4 / Scan as the PDF mentioned?  Your
description suggests you are executing a "MHz scan"?

I DO have the complete, sectioned, Instruction PDF you mentioned.

So after re-looking, I noticed during a Scan that the Step-Size was
incorrectly 12.5Kc ... this, it turns out, was programmed into one of
the VFO-Screens. Even tho 25KC was in the memories table. So I changed
all the VFO-tabs to be 25Khz.

Then a form of VFO scan started.

Next I notice that I AM on the correct Band ...namely 118MHz band.

HOWEVER, a scan starts at 118 and goers as for as 129.975 then restarts
at 118.025 again.

This appears to mimic a Limit-Memories L0-U0 selection.

Since it isn't possible to link all the Limit-Memories, I can't get past
a VFO Scan of being tied to Limit-Memories.

You worked that one out?

There were, for my Locale, two or three frequencies that seemed to be a
modulated single tone that was both strong as well as constant. So I
tried to split up the limit-memories.

In any event, according to VFO-Scan, If I put myself (VFO, on anything
in the 118 Band, which ostensibly goes through 136 MHZ, that I should
scan 118 to 1`36 ....according to VFO Scan ...

right??

cuz it "ain't" doing that.

hopefully two memory-tables from my D710 will come through. A pix is
worth a thousand words ...

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

Mark Wolff

Good evening Bob - Coincidently, I just stumbled across the detailed 710 instruction manual on CD that I lost some time back. Mine is an earlier 710A but assume it works the same in Scan mode as the G model.

Presume you are referring to Sec 4 / Scan as the PDF mentioned?  Your description suggests you are executing a "MHz scan"?  Page "Scan-3 " depicts the somewhat detailed steps for a "Program Scan" using a pre-programmed pair of low to high frequencies (Lx to Ux where x is an integer from 0 to 9).  If you don't have this document, happy to send you a copy?

73

MW / N4MEW
904.616.2004

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 9:31 PM KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:
I am pretty much certain that I have carefully read the Scan section of the D710 PDF.

When I try to scan, all I get is scan through whatever frequency I am on. ....118.5 (from a lower-limit) .
I will only see the last of three numerals, blink, and the scan goes through only that MHz range ... I am interested in a L0 through U0, in the Aircraft band L0=118.00 and U0=121.400

I see the "1" then scan thru 121.0 to 121.975'ish then repeat.

any help?

Bob KD7YZ
TM-D710GA

KD7YZ Bob