D-700 as a Simple Stand-Alone Digipeater

Bob KE6GYD

Thanks Mark,
Good info.

The 700 info seems to be discussing mobile radios as digipeaters.   While I'm trying to set up a mobile radio as a digi, it will be used as a local permanent digi on a hilltop and we don't want to relay  the packets on to other digipeaters.  And it will not be on the APRS national Hz. but a rarely used packet Hz.   This use would be during special events or when the big one hits in So. Cal so our organization won't compete with all the hundreds of other stations.  The digi would pretty much be standing by until needed.
73
Bob

Mark Wolff

Good Evening Bob, if you are not already familiar with it, you might benefit from looking thru:
http://aprs.org/D7xx/d700-faq.txt   as there is a bit of discussion of setting up the 700 to Digi.

73

MW / N4MEW
904.616.2004

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 2:25 PM Bob KE6GYD <ke6gyd@...> wrote:
I'm somewhat familiar with APRS, but not enough to understand how to set up a 700a as a digipeater for this situation.
Will need to digipeat from a hill top in a remote location not within range of any APRS network digipeater.

Want to set it up to ONLY digipeat from a mobile or HT to a receiving station.  One hop like a non-linked voice repeater.

I'm familiar with the settings menu for APRS in the radio and can also access the TNC via the serial port to change any settings there.

Just what settings do I need to make this work?
Settings I've done:
In radio menu:
-Turned ON digipeat
-Set UIDigi to Wide1-1