Daylight Savings Time (US)

Randy Allen

For affected US users: Don't forget to update the Time Zone offset (from GMT) of your radio when changing your clocks.

For the TM-D700  It's menu 1-6-5 (RADIO-TNC-TIME ZONE)

For the TM-D710 it's menu 927 (AUX-TIME ZONE)

For those that are not affected by this semi-annual nonsense, please disregard.

73

Randy  KAØAZS

Jeff

Thanks for that reminder. With every time change I have to run around and fiddle with a couple dozen devices, usually forgetting the radios. TM-D710A and TH-74A.

I really need to make a checklist. I wish they would do away with these time changes :-)

Jeff

R. Patrick Ryan

Try setting the clock to GMT/UTC with offset to zero (0)
Then my TM-D700 will sync with GPS time (also in GMT/UTC).with a few button presses.
And I don't otherwise have to worry about it.

73 de Pat

R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT, ASEC/IL, OES/IL, Grid: EN51lf,
email: kc6vvt@...
Facebook for ham related:  http://www.facebook.com/KC6VVT/info

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 11:31 AM Randy Allen <ka0azs@...> wrote:
For affected US users: Don't forget to update the Time Zone offset (from
GMT) of your radio when changing your clocks.

For the TM-D700  It's menu 1-6-5 (RADIO-TNC-TIME ZONE)

For the TM-D710 it's menu 927 (AUX-TIME ZONE)

For those that are not affected by this semi-annual nonsense, please
disregard.

73

Randy  KAØAZS

Randy Allen

Actually, I think the UTC offset just affects the time display on the radios (main display and List functions).  The radio always syncs with the GPS when operational.  The Time Set button in the POS screen only syncs the minutes and seconds in the radio. The Hour on the displays is set by the UTC offset setting) So if you don't care if the display is in UTC, Pat's method would work fine.

At one time many many moons ago, having the time of the station off would sometimes cause APRS clients to ignore them (either because the software "thought" it was an old packet and expired it from the display, ,or otherwise considered it an invalid packet).  Not sure it that would be an issue anymore.

Looking at the packet information in stations received over RF (Yaesu and Kenwood mobiles) on my APRSIS32 home station, the packet information displays in GMT/UTC.  The clock on the software shows local time, so I'm assuming the display clock is only for the human interface and the software is handling the packets (i.e. determining when the station times out) using UTC.

Will have to play with some of my radios and see what happens.

73

Randy KAØAZS