Topics

Tm-d710g manual query

David - AA6RV - Vancouver, WA

I found out that to get the computer to work with the Radio, you don't connect the cable to the back of the radio.  You connect the Din connector to the back of the control head.  I saw a Youtube video before I did anything.   Having never read the manual, I had my radio working both Packet Radio and Winlink in about 10 minutes from setup.  I would have been pissed had I not seen this.  I haven't tried the back of my radio myself, because once it's working why bother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8JqGl8vbQ

David, aa6rv

Shawn

Believe 2nd statement is incorrect
 We run a USB cable to computers in out sar vechiles to do live tracking of other vechiles during a search
Shawn

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 7:17 AM, bobsayers2000 via Groups.Io
<bobsayers2000@...> wrote:
Hi, All,

I'm returning to APRS again after a break of a few years and trying to get to grips again with the amazing range of features and commands of the 710.

I'm doubtful if I shall use Packet again (any input from UK hams on the level of activity would be very useful) but am trying to understand an anomaly in the documentation.

Page 39 of the "basic" manual shows a serial cable connected from the PC port on the main radio unit to the serial port of a PC.

However, page PACKET-1 of the more detailed manual says "do not connect a computer to the PC terminal of the TX/RX unit" .

Or does this latter sentence mean not to connect in this way when there is also a connection to the PC from the DATA port to the PC?

Best regards,

Bob, G8IYK
North Norfolk.

bobsayers2000