Topics

710 head connection cable

Larry Sampas

I have used a 5-foot straight-through UTP ethernet cable for years on a TM-D710A and for several months on a TM-D710G. A network tester shows the factory-supplied cable for the TM-D710G  is a straight-through unshielded cable.

 Prior to that, I tried an ethernet coupler (RJ-45) and had an issue where APRS beacons would transmit on the other side. e.g. APRS set up on the A band and would TX on the B band. I reviewed my config, and everything looked correct, so I swapped the cable. I didn't have any more issues after that.

Larry
KC3BBT

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 10:14 AM Rahn <whiskey7doa@...> wrote:
I have never tried it but I would think a straight through networking cable should work. I wouldn't think there would be any losses on a cable that short.
That is just a guess though.
Rahn Abbott
W7DOA
73

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018, 22:04 Mel <teammel@... wrote:
The connecting cable from the head to the radio has exactly the same ends on it. Apparently on the 700 they were different. Does anyone know what able is needed for connecting the head to the radio? I only need a 3 or 4' cable.
Thanks

Rahn

I have never tried it but I would think a straight through networking cable should work. I wouldn't think there would be any losses on a cable that short.
That is just a guess though.
Rahn Abbott
W7DOA
73

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018, 22:04 Mel <teammel@... wrote:
The connecting cable from the head to the radio has exactly the same ends on it. Apparently on the 700 they were different. Does anyone know what able is needed for connecting the head to the radio? I only need a 3 or 4' cable.
Thanks

Mel