Topics

Group is almost 19 years old

Steven

Hi Tom... long time, no talk....

Wow, almost two decades with this rig! I relegated mine to marathon support when I bought the D710.  I have since lost the ability to set PL on the A side. (Any attempt will cause the rig to reboot.). However, it’s not a big deal since that is when I run packet/apps.  Nevertheless, i am curious if anybody has seen something similar or has a fix.

73,
Steve K7SRB

Chrissy Murphy

I have no idea what year the D700A first came out, all I know is that I purchased mine approx 12 years ago from The Ham Store and had it shipped to the UK as a Grey import.  In that time, never had a problem or anything to complain about. Still in use today, although not as often as it used to be, everything works and microphone cable still in good condition.

A great purchase for me, my first New mobile radio, and one of the best buys that I've made. I intend to keep it operating until no longer viable.

Regards

73 de Rob. 2E0RHM

On Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 6:55, "thomasmschaefer@... [TMD700A]" wrote:

I was curious and checked out first message was back in December of 1999. I started this group way back then I think not too long after I got my original D700A (which BTW is still operating at a friend's shack to whom I sold it). The microphone cable disintegrated but other than that, it works as good as it did when I bought it from a store in Salt Lake City. Does anyone recall when the radio came out? I know I picked up mine the day it was available for sale to the dealers.

The reason I was walking down memory lane was that the first group was indeed eGroups.com so that was before Yahoo got involved.

Regards,

Tom NY4I

Suryono Adisoemarta

My D700A that I purchased in 2001 is still working good, use daily during the commute to work. The microphone cable is still in good condition.
There is nothing on this radio that I can complain on (other than no ability for firmware upgrade for Smartbeacon).

73 de Yono - YD0NXX / N5SNN

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 1:15:11 PM GMT+7, thomasmschaefer@... [TMD700A] wrote:

I was curious and checked out first message was back in December of 1999. I started this group way back then I think not too long after I got my original D700A (which BTW is still operating at a friend's shack to whom I sold it). The microphone cable disintegrated but other than that, it works as good as it did when I bought it from a store in Salt Lake City. Does anyone recall when the radio came out? I know I picked up mine the day it was available for sale to the dealers.

The reason I was walking down memory lane was that the first group was indeed eGroups.com so that was before Yahoo got involved.

Regards,

Tom NY4I

Tom Schaefer NY4I