Topics

DTMF Tones on TM-D700A mic keypad?

Larry J. Ford K4AEC

Stupid question, I'm sure, and, yes, I should RTFM [1](but don't have it handy here at work), but here goes:

Tried to get into an Echolink "link" this morning while mobile, via the keypad on the mic, but nothing, nada, was generated.

Is the 700A capable of DTMF tones (surely it must be), and, if so, is there a menu item that must be turned "ON" to allow the rig to generate those tones via the mic keypad?

Thanks and 73,

Larry J. Ford
KG4GPJ

[1] Read The Fine Manual

Bob N3PPH <rsheskin@...>

By default the keypad works, I never changed a setting and use the keypad
all of the time as I maintain a repeater with it and also have played with
EchoLink on our repeater. Is it possible the little lock switch on the back
of the mic was on?

73,

Bob N3PPH

Stupid question, I'm sure, and, yes, I should RTFM [1](but don't have it
handy here at work), but here goes:

Tried to get into an Echolink "link" this morning while mobile, via the
keypad on the mic, but nothing, nada, was generated.

Is the 700A capable of DTMF tones (surely it must be), and, if so, is there
a menu item that must be turned "ON" to allow the rig to generate those
tones via the mic keypad?

Thanks and 73,

Larry J. Ford
KG4GPJ

[1] Read The Fine Manual

Mark Wolff

Hi Larry, the manual appears to be available on line in PDF format:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/File/UnitedStates/Communications/AMA/Manuals/TM-D700-Owner-Manual.PDF

MW / N4MEW

Larry J. Ford K4AEC

Tried that little switch, and did not seem to have any effect.

On other DTMF keypads I've used (Yaesu, ICOM), the individual keys give off a tone when pressed, and I did not hear that on the D700A, and got no indication tones were being transmitted.

Thanks,

Larry J. Ford
KG4GPJ

Stupid question, I'm sure, and, yes, I should RTFM [1](but don't have it
handy here at work), but here goes:

Tried to get into an Echolink "link" this morning while mobile, via the
keypad on the mic, but nothing, nada, was generated.

Is the 700A capable of DTMF tones (surely it must be), and, if so, is there
a menu item that must be turned "ON" to allow the rig to generate those
tones via the mic keypad?

Thanks and 73,

Larry J. Ford
KG4GPJ

[1] Read The Fine Manual

Chrissy Murphy

I trust I don't sound insulting when I ask this, because I made this mistake when trying to use the DTMF tones intitially.

When you are trying to use the DTMF keypad are you pressing the PTT button at the same time?

If not, and I wasn't, you need to do so. You won't hear the DTMF tones 'on the air' if you are doing it properly.

Bob
2E0RHM

Stupid question, I'm sure, and, yes, I should RTFM [1](but don't have it handy here at work), but here goes:

Tried to get into an Echolink "link" this morning while mobile, via the keypad on the mic, but nothing, nada, was generated.

Is the 700A capable of DTMF tones (surely it must be), and, if so, is there a menu item that must be turned "ON" to allow the rig to generate those tones via the mic keypad?

Thanks and 73,

Larry J. Ford
KG4GPJ

[1] Read The Fine Manual

Larry J. Ford K4AEC

Thanks. Got the manual on my work laptop now. I see the problem. "Op Error!"

We'll give 'er another try at lunch.

73,

Larry J. Ford
KG4GPJ

Hi Larry, the manual appears to be available on line in PDF format:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/File/UnitedStates/Communications/AMA/Manuals/TM-D700-Owner-Manual.PDF

MW / N4MEW

Noel Seeley

Please tell us the OP Error so we don't make the same mistake.

noeleo