Topics

BACKUP Battery

Matt Curtis M1CMN <m1cmn@...>

Hi all,

I have a TMD700 here, that when you turn off all of the settings disappear.

I found there is a small Panasonic battery - which I have replaced. But it
still does the same.

Has anyone else had this?

Thank you 73 Matt

noskosteve

--- In TMD700A@..., "Matt Curtis M1CMN" <m1cmn@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I have a TMD700 here, that when you turn off all of the settings
disappear.

I found there is a small Panasonic battery - which I have replaced.
But it still does the same.
Has anyone else had this?
Thank you 73 Matt

Matt,
There is a reset procedure. I have a Kenwood Application Note AAN
0027 which describes the procedure. I don't know where I got it and
don't see it on the Kenwood site. I'll upload it to the Files Area
right after posting this.

73, Steve, K9DCI

Bernard <cruiserdude@...>

Hi Steve,
Did you see my postings re: TNC failing in the TMD 700?
Well it all started with what you are experiencing now and slowly got to the point that I had to reset the radio and reinstall all the frequencies (Link-700) so far all is good.
APRS works, channels all good, memory stays in.
So you might have to do the same as me.
Good Luck

73 de VK4kac, Bernie

> I have a TMD700 here, that when you turn off all of the settings
disappear.

> I found there is a small Panasonic battery - which I have replaced.
> But it still does the same.
> Has anyone else had this?

> Thank you 73 Matt

Matt,
There is a reset procedure. I have a Kenwood Application Note AAN
0027 which describes the procedure. I don't know where I got it and
don't see it on the Kenwood site. I'll upload it to the Files Area
right after posting this.

73, Steve, K9DCI

Matt Curtis M1CMN <m1cmn@...>

Hi all,

I did another reset after the battery was replaced, and it seems to work
now.

Many thanks for all of your help guys!

73 Matt

_____

I have a TMD700 here, that when you turn off all of the settings
disappear.

I found there is a small Panasonic battery - which I have replaced.
But it still does the same.
Has anyone else had this?
Thank you 73 Matt
Matt,
There is a reset procedure. I have a Kenwood Application Note AAN
0027 which describes the procedure. I don't know where I got it and
don't see it on the Kenwood site. I'll upload it to the Files Area
right after posting this.

73, Steve, K9DCI

6:01 PM

Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfigh
<http://www.spamfighter.com/len> ter.com/len

18:01

Michael Champion <mikec@...>

Also if the radio is set to one of the PMs it will come up the same
every time.

I have a TMD700 here, that when you turn off all of the settings
disappear.

I found there is a small Panasonic battery - which I have replaced.
But it still does the same.
Has anyone else had this?
Thank you 73 Matt
Matt,
There is a reset procedure. I have a Kenwood Application Note AAN
0027 which describes the procedure. I don't know where I got it and
don't see it on the Kenwood site. I'll upload it to the Files Area
right after posting this.

73, Steve, K9DCI

iw9grl@...

Hi to everybody

I have the same issue on my TM-D700E, the time stamp goes to 31:30 !!!!!!
I think that the only problem that I can have is that the Li-Ion battery is definitely died , considering that my D700 have about 10year !

But it is strange that the time stamp become crazy also if the power supply is not turned off .
I wanto to try to change the battery, could you please confim that it is a VL1220 panasonic ?

thank you
73 de IW9GRL