From: Dennis Hudson [mailto:n2lbt@...]

Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 6:27 AM

To: TMD700A@...

Subject: Re: [TMD700A] "Opening TNC" Fix without reset

I can confirm that the problem is GPS communication related. I recently

switched from a moded Tripmate to a Motorola Nextel i88 for my gps. The

phone GPS stream can do weird stuff while it is in the cradle while the

D700 is in APRS mode. Once a week it will hang the D700 into the

"Opening TNC" routine. I will have to try resetting the TNC via the

serial port, but in the mean time I'll just reset the PM which doesn't

nearly piss me off as much as doing the hard reset.

Dennis, N2LBT

From: TMD700A@... [mailto:TMD700A@...] On
Behalf
Of
m1cmn
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 09:10

Have a problem with a TMC700 Here, it just sits at "Opening tnc"
when you
try and turn the TNC on.

Libor <ok1alx@...>

[...]

noskosteve

Clean this up and put it in the Files Area.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI

[...]

David Hoffman <ke4fgw@...>

TM-D700 "Opening TNC" hang up
[...]

Matt Curtis - Kent PA / Communications <matthew.curtis@...>

David, thanks a lot for the reply.

I have tried a full reset, but still has the same error. Any further
information would be great

73 Matt

_____