Phantom messages

hardlyevrhom

After deleting text msgs, the next time I turn on the radio, it shows
that I have 1 or more unread msgs. When I go to the msg list, these
new msgs do not show. If the list is empty, I can remove the phantom
msgs by deleting. If I have any saved msgs, I must delete the visible
saved ones b4 I can delete the phantom ones. This only happens
occasionaly. Any ideas? Anyone know where I can order special x-ray
vision glasses? New stealth technology I don't have a security
clearance for?

Kurt Keilhofer
KC8RWD(-14)

ww0e@...

Same thing has happened to me a couple times ??

Jerry WW0E

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:02:02 -0000 "hardlyevrhom" <hardlyevr@hotmail.com>
writes:
After deleting text msgs, the next time I turn on the radio, it shows

that I have 1 or more unread msgs. When I go to the msg list, these
new msgs do not show. If the list is empty, I can remove the phantom

msgs by deleting. If I have any saved msgs, I must delete the
visible
saved ones b4 I can delete the phantom ones. This only happens
occasionaly. Any ideas? Anyone know where I can order special x-ray
vision glasses? New stealth technology I don't have a security
clearance for?

Kurt Keilhofer
KC8RWD(-14)

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Karl G6ODT <karl.lamford@...>

One way I've seen this happen is if one PM showed
Messages and then you changed to another PM and
Deleted the messages from there. When you then
Recalled the previous PM it still showed that you
Had messages as the memory setting wasn't updated
As the messages were deleted.
Again using the delete method even with no stored
Messages fixes it.

73 Karl G6ODT
karl.g6odt@ntlworld.com
http://members.tripod.com/~g6odt/packet.html

writes:
After deleting text msgs, the next time I turn on the
radio, it shows

that I have 1 or more unread msgs. When I go to the msg list, these
new msgs do not show. If the list is empty, I can remove
the phantom

msgs by deleting. If I have any saved msgs, I must delete the
visible
saved ones b4 I can delete the phantom ones. This only happens
occasionaly. Any ideas? Anyone know where I can order special x-ray
vision glasses? New stealth technology I don't have a security
clearance for?

Kurt Keilhofer
KC8RWD(-14)

---

kc4kgu@...

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, hardlyevrhom wrote:

After deleting text msgs, the next time I turn on the radio, it shows
that I have 1 or more unread msgs. When I go to the msg list, these
new msgs do not show. If the list is empty, I can remove the phantom
msgs by deleting. If I have any saved msgs, I must delete the visible
saved ones b4 I can delete the phantom ones. This only happens
occasionaly. Any ideas? Anyone know where I can order special x-ray
vision glasses? New stealth technology I don't have a security
clearance for?

Kurt Keilhofer
KC8RWD(-14)

Kurt,

I've noticed this recently, in 8-land. I think someone has some broken
APRS software that is sending these messages.

73 de John - KC4KGU