USB serial port connection

hardlyevrhom

I too have been struggling to connect to a laptop usb port. I am
using a Targus serial port. I have been unable to make a connection
using either the Kenwood memory program or the L700 program.The
results I get are the same whether the radio is conected or not, so
the problem is definitely in the connection. I am using a newer
laptop running Windows ME, so it should be 32 bit system, not 16.
Targus's web site does say it has compatiblity problems, and no
upgrades, would the newer Belkin drivers help/ be compatible?

Kurt
KC8RWD

hardlyevrhom

AS an update I downloaded new drivers for the Targus USB hub, and now
can get the L700 program to work with the radio, but not the Kenwood
Program.

--- In TMD700A@y..., hardlyevr@h... wrote:
I too have been struggling to connect to a laptop usb port. I am
using a Targus serial port. I have been unable to make a connection
using either the Kenwood memory program or the L700 program.The
results I get are the same whether the radio is conected or not, so
the problem is definitely in the connection. I am using a newer
laptop running Windows ME, so it should be 32 bit system, not 16.
Targus's web site does say it has compatiblity problems, and no
upgrades, would the newer Belkin drivers help/ be compatible?

Kurt
KC8RWD

William Dennis <shadow194591@...>

Well here's what ,I know so far , I know that you will
never get the kenwood program to run never . For the
reason of just what you said . There software isn't 32
bit for one , From a pal at kenwood said there working
on a new program but from where , I see it you will
never see if you get what , I'm talking about . It
like what , I have told everyone . When the usb thing
came out know one was making nothing on there side . I
wrote kenwood asking why they wasn't ready for this ,
As well as other company's and it's the same old thing
everyone is blaming the other and all the info was out
way before hand .It's like the old saying wish in one
hand and crap in the other and see what one fills
first . And we all know where that is . So it's not
the computer makers in my eye's the the problem down
the line !
--- hardlyevr@... wrote:
I too have been struggling to connect to a laptop
usb port. I am
using a Targus serial port. I have been unable to
make a connection
using either the Kenwood memory program or the L700
program.The
results I get are the same whether the radio is
conected or not, so
the problem is definitely in the connection. I am
using a newer
laptop running Windows ME, so it should be 32 bit
system, not 16.
Targus's web site does say it has compatiblity
problems, and no
upgrades, would the newer Belkin drivers help/ be
compatible?

Kurt
KC8RWD

=====