Topics

MIC Extension using network cable.

n0hzn@...

I used cat 5 network cable to extend the mike cable and it has worked fine.
It's a relatively short piece. I ran it from under the passenger seat in a
Dodge Caravan to the center console in the dash, maybe 6 ft total. Very cheap
and works like a charm.

John - n0hzn

mfernand@...

Hi. I have had a TMD700 in hand for about 5 days. I'm looking to
install it in an extended (big 'ol RAM 1500). My question: Is there a
length limit for the mic cable? Actually, is there a length limit for
any of the cables (control head)??? BTW - I did not notice anything
in the posts referencing length limits for these home-brew
extensions. Comments?

Honestly, since reading through some of the problems, I'm almost
tempted to pay the $70 just to get the shielded stuff. I don't know
what noise is present in my "new" vehicle.

Thanks.

Manny Fernandez
N2ITR

Rick Giguere <rick@...>

I made my own because I needed very short extensions, so I can't help you
there.

I tossed a mental coin and decided that I'd probably pick up less with the
short home-brews than with all that extra factory-made coiled up
someplace.

...Rick

Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@...