D700A and Palmtop

Marc Bjorkman <bjorkman@...>

Has anyone else out there tried either controlling the D700A or tried
interfacing packet mode to the D700A using a palmtop computer and the
RS-232 port? I am running a DOS-only HP200LX and the "data comm"
program on it doesn't seem to want to talk to the D700A.

My main deficiency seems to be the S/W. I need a compact
communications program that will run on my palmtop, but don't know
where to find one.

Any relevent experience would be welcome.

Marc
AA3VT
bjorkman@voicenet.com

Tim Shephard <timshephard@...>

Do you mean your HP200lx doesn't have the builtin apps? Then its a HP1000lx
right?

I used my HP200lx on my D700 and it worked fine.

I think it was setup at 9600 baud 8-N-1.

-Tim

Has anyone else out there tried either controlling the D700A or tried
interfacing packet mode to the D700A using a palmtop computer and the
RS-232 port? I am running a DOS-only HP200LX and the "data comm"
program on it doesn't seem to want to talk to the D700A.

My main deficiency seems to be the S/W. I need a compact
communications program that will run on my palmtop, but don't know
where to find one.

Any relevent experience would be welcome.

Marc
AA3VT
bjorkman@voicenet.com

Community email addresses:
Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com

Tim Shephard <timshephard@...>

Your settings sound right.  If you are using the standard HP serial cable it is a null modem cable.  So you will have to use a null modem adaptor to make it into a straight through cable.

Make a cable like this using a db9 male one end and a db9 female on the other

1 - 1
2 - 3
3 - 2
4 - 6
5 - 5
6 - 4
7 - 8
8 - 7
9 - 9

Keep your settings the same and hook it up to the pc in terminal mode.  turn the radio on to the tnc mode and you should read the welcome message on the HP.

Good Luck

-Tim