Topics

GPS & 700A

nmhotair@...

The street pilot does not listen to the 700. The III+ does. Peter Naumburg
K5HAB

In a message dated 7/21/00 3:12:12 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
howitser@bestweb.net writes:

<< What GPS units have people found to work the best with the 700A?
With
those units, what features do they have? I'd like the positioning
info, but also like to use mapping features for navigation. I'm
looking at the GPS III Plus adn the Street Map units. If anyone has
input, I'd appreciate it!

73,

Howard, N2JIH

Howard Breitbart <howitser@...>

What GPS units have people found to work the best with the 700A?
With
those units, what features do they have? I'd like the positioning
info, but also like to use mapping features for navigation. I'm
looking at the GPS III Plus adn the Street Map units. If anyone has
input, I'd appreciate it!

73,

Howard, N2JIH

N1FLO@...

I can not say that it is the best but the GPS III+ works for me. I also have
US roads and recreation, maps are good only drawback 1 to 3 counties at a
time. A GPS like the III+ gives you a lot more than just your position.

Hope this helps

73

John N1FLO
Attleboro MA

Rick Giguere <rick@...>

I'm using my GPS III+ .... I love it.

...Rick

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Howard Breitbart wrote:

What GPS units have people found to work the best with the 700A?
With
those units, what features do they have? I'd like the positioning
info, but also like to use mapping features for navigation. I'm
looking at the GPS III Plus adn the Street Map units. If anyone has
input, I'd appreciate it!

73,

Howard, N2JIH

Shoes? On the web?
Click Here!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7061/11/_/674382/_/964213371/

Jim Murray <james31@...>

I'm using the Rand McNally. $79.00@ best-buy and they printed a $20 rebate
at checkout. Works OK with my 700. I posted the interconnect a week or so
ago. So far it is working great and seems to be accurate.

Jim Murray KC5QWG

Philip Yanov <phil@...>

As you probably gathered from the replies, there is a good bit of
personal preference in your choice of GPS. I have dedicated a GPS
III+ to the use of my D700. An advantage of the III+ over the Steet
Pilot is that the GPS III+ accepts waypoint data from the D700. This
means that stations that you receive via APRS on the D700 are plotted
on the scrolling map display of the GPS III+. The beauty of this is
that you have a scrolling map of stations received without having to
have a computer with you as well. This feature does not work with
the Street Pilot and would be reason enough for me not to use the
Street Pilot for my D700. [KG4FOZ]