Topics

Looking for RAM Mount for GPS & Kenwood D700a

William Bennett <nighthawk@...>

I am looking for a method to mount my GPS & D700a control head unit.
I have heard of the R.A.M. mount & want to get your opinion on it or
is there another method that is better. I want to get them in a
place of ease of viewing. I saw the R.A.M. setup at the Kenwood
booth at HamCom, but do not know which modek they were using.

William "Hawk" Bennett
K5HWK

Rick Giguere <rick@...>

I used the free RAM mount that Kenwood was giving out at Dayton. I've
been very, very happy with it.

I only made one change .... instead of mounting the control head
the Kenwood-supplied bracket and then mounting the bracket on the RAM
mount plate, I drilled two additional holes on the plate that correspond
with the mounting screws on the control head and mounted the control head
directly to the RAM mount plate.

I intend to purchase a second RAM Mount to use for my Garmin GPS III+.

...Rick / KB1CHV

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, William Bennett wrote:

I am looking for a method to mount my GPS & D700a control head unit.
I have heard of the R.A.M. mount & want to get your opinion on it or
is there another method that is better. I want to get them in a
place of ease of viewing. I saw the R.A.M. setup at the Kenwood
booth at HamCom, but do not know which modek they were using.

William "Hawk" Bennett
K5HWK

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application