Topics

Mods

Howard Breitbart <howitser@...>

Just ordered a TM-D700A, and was wondering what the proper mod is for
the extended transmit/receive range. I've seen a couple on the net,
one requiring removing a resistor as well as the green wire, another
with just the wire. What's the proper mod?

Tnx in advance.

73,

Howard, N2JIH

Samuel Barker <srbarker@...>

To my recollection (it’s been a few months) the green wire only opens up the radio for MARS/CAP, but the resister opens the radio up for the  commercial bands.  Depending on what you want to accomplish, you’ll probably want to remove both.

As a side note, I’ve opened my radio up, and it performs very well.

Samuel, W7YYY

Just ordered a TM-D700A, and was wondering what the proper mod is for
the extended transmit/receive range.  I've seen a couple on the net,
one requiring removing a resistor as well as the green wire, another
with just the wire.  What's the proper mod?

Tnx in advance.

73,

Howard,  N2JIH

  Subscribe:    TMD700A-subscribe@...

DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this

addressee. If you have received this communication

(208) 344-7811 and ask to speak to the sender. Also,