From: TMD700A@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TMD700A@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ke4rws
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 10:19 AM
To: TMD700A@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TMD700A] Re: Why Limited 900 MHz Reception?

Wow, that's really a shame an FCC legally allocated amateur band
would be blocked to prevent us from overhearing someone ordering a
pizza. Funny thing to have a ham radio and one of the ham radio bands
it covers are blocked. The ECPA of 1986 is very outdated,
as most current cell phones are digital and conversations can't be
heard. What a backwards enforcement method . . .

Randy

--- In TMD700A@yahoogroups <mailto:TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com> .com,
"Justin L. Ogden" <n3thc@...> wrote:

Some manufactures block the image frequency of the cellular band.
This
may be the case. If the image frequencies were not blocked, you
could
tune there and receive the cell phone call (with reduced sensivity
based
on the RF front end filters). That's my guess on why its blocked.

Justin
N3OG