Re: TM D700A audio

kerry

Thank you Steve..................Kerry-WA2NAN

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Agee
To: TMD700A@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TM D700A audio

See my post a couple of days ago for setting power output. Put the radio
into service mode. Scroll with the arrows until you reach the MAX DEV
screen. I don't remember for sure, but I recall it being similar to the
power output screen, in that, the lower the number, the greater the
deviation. Again, these values are in hexadecimal format. Please, write down
the values before adjusting. To adjust, key radio while turning large knob.
When done, press the SET button. You need a service monitor capable of
displaying deviation to set it properly. "Shooting from the hip" on this
adjustment will only get you in to trouble. If you set it too high, you will
blow right out of the passband of repeaters. Too low, and nobody will hear
you. Mine was considerably low at about 3 KHz maximum, and I turned it to
4.5 maximum, which leaves 500 Hz of additional room for CTCSS, without going
over that magical 5 KHz limit. The problem here is that your DTMF tones will
automatically increase as well, and they wind up being too loud (about 5 KHz
on my radio, as an example), so you have to go the extra step and take the
microphone apart and turn the level down on the pot inside the mic.

N5ZUA