Re: Front end interference on the TM-D700E?

Jim Andrews <jim@...>

Surrey RAYNET made careful technical investigation into this
problem some years ago and as I wrote a piece about for Radcom,
I suppose that would have been 18 months or more back.
Leicester RAYNET have also used the DCI filters mentioned, purchased from
Waters & Stanton.

They are pretty-well guaranteed to stop all paging / PMR interference and
have proved very effective, including in a control room with no less than 12
other PMR radios (mobile sets) being used on the same mast as our aerial and
coax (all 150-160Mhz area) and not a peep of interference!

Radio used in this instance was a TM-732, probably the worst of all the
Kenwood 'wide' front end sets, with no advanced AIP control.

Jim, G1HUL