Re: Front end interference on the TM-D700E?

Brian Davies <briandavies@...>

Hi All

As a matter of interest this specific problem is not restricted only
to the D700 series, it happens on many different makes of amateur
radio. The problem is the front end is wide band and will let in lots
of unwanted frequencies.

The cure is to fit a bandpass filter in the antenna lead. These are
readily available from the major dealers - I got mine from W&S.

Should anyone require further information I will be pleased to supply
it. Surrey Raynet made careful technical investigation into this
problem some years ago and as I wrote a piece about for Radcom, I
suppose that would have been 18 months or more back.

73

Brian G3OYU