Re: MICROPHONE ALTERNATIVE

Marc D Smith <mdsmith@...>

The mic size doesn't really bother me. I did have a problem keeping it keyed. I read an article somewhere (or maybe it was on a web site) that said there was a little rubber / sponge inside the PTT button spring. So, I took my mic apart and removed the black piece of rubber / sponge. Once I removed it, the mic was a LOT easier to use and keep keyed. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have accidently unkeyed since!

Just some food for thought before you buy a different mic.

Marc

73, de kc8ort

At 04:01 PM 4/17/01 +0000, you wrote:
Does anyone have trouble with size of mic? Hard to keep it keyed?
Is there other Mics that work on the D700 that have up dwn keys? I
wish the mic wasn't so large.

Bill

Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@...