Re: Strange problem

Jean Pierre Magnan <incendie@...>

On 4/5/01 7:20 AM, "philip yanov" <phil@...> wrote:

Could the course deviation be explained by the difference between magnetic
north and true north?  I seem to remember my Garmin allows me to choose
which north I want.  My Garmins do not seem to be Daylight Savings Time
aware, (nor is the D700) I have to adjust them myself. So for a couple of
days each year I think about setting everything to UTC.

-philip, K4PJY
UTC-4 (for now.)

Deviation: That would make sense. I didn’t think about  this one before.  I’ll take a look and I’ll let you know.

As far as setting everything to UTC, that also makes sense. And since my car clock is always set to the correct local time, I do not have to rely on my GPS clock to arrive on time for my appointments !!! I’ll think about this one also...

Stay safe !

73 de VE2JPT

Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre Magnan
VE2 JPT (Basic and 5 wpm)
Lieutenant, Notre-Dame-du-Mont-Carmel VFD,  Québec,  Canada   G0X 3J0
email: incendie@...

The opinions expressed above are mine, all mine.
But I love to share them  8-)