Multiple NMEA output

Philip Yanov <phil@...>

I have this idea that I might like to use my Garmin GPS III+ so that
I can use it with both my D700 and very occasionally with a laptop
running Map 'n' Go. The book with the GPS III+ indicates that it
will drive up to 3 NMEA devices simultaneously. I am thinking of
splicing the seriel cable such that I could leave the cable hooked to
my D700 all of the time and attach a serial cable to my serial port
on my PC when I want to use it for navigation.

My question is this -- Has anyone else done this? Can anyone think
of a reason that it won't work?