Re: APRS and the VS-3

Rick Giguere <rick@...>

I've never been able to get it to work with APRS at all, and some of the
things I think it should do for "voice" don't happen, either.

It just seems like a very, very buggy firmware implimentation.

... Rick / KB1CHV

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Todd Ellis wrote:

Even though I am telling the radio to use the voice chip for APRS ONLY, it
is not announcing incoming messages. I received a lot of nice assistance
from folks on htaprs, but most did not own a D700 and read my manual for me.
I know how it is supposed to work, why DOESN'T it work? Anyone have a clue?

Todd Ellis, N2XL
Raleigh, NC