Re: APRS and the VS-3

Aaron <ae4ko@...>

<snip>start vent<snip>

I KNOW THIS. YOU CAN READ THE MANUAL TOO, JUST LIKE ME. Again, MINE
doesn't work this way. I'm trying to find out why. It SHOULD work
this way, but it DOESN'T. sheesh! I'm sorry, but this is like the
eighth message with exactly the same information that won't help me.

<snip>end vent<snip>
Just like I have no idea what you have tried and what responses
you have received; you also have no idea how many times (over a
dozen) that people have asked me how the voice stuff works and
still don't get it. (they expect it to talk for _everything_). I
understand your venting need because I just happened to be the
latest person to reply to your cry for help.

Beyond calling kenwood (which it sounds like you should), does
the voice work at all? Have you tried a different voice module (if
available)? Have you tried putting your voice module in another
D700? Have you tried setting it to always use voice? Have you
checked the connector for the chip? (I'll assume you got it in the
right way, cuz I don't think it fits the wrong way), etc.

Other than that, it's up to kenwood (or someone else on the list).

---
(Random Quote)
Velcro, super glue, duct tape, and post-its! What more do we need?