Bad crossband audio with D700

Ron Francois

Has anyone else noticed that their crossbanded audio from the d700 is all muffled? The audio at the 2m repeater you trying to work is as if you are talking with a sock in your mouth.

I have tried both in locked band and cross band mode, and with the d700 microphone connected and disconnected, and with the mute function on and with it off to no avail. Compared to other rigs I have heard in cross band, this one sounds obvious you are crossbanding, whereas other rigs sound about as clean as the original audio. Any thoughts?

Ron -K0STL