by reducing the actual voltage on its input...

Christian D.
wo1v@...

In a message dated 2000-07-12 00:03:39 MST, francois@... writes:

Subj: [TMD700A] Re: Rand Mcnally GPS
Date: 2000-07-12 00:03:39 MST
From: francois@... (Ron Francois)
To: TMD700A@...

I also did this using the Rand McNally, although you can run the GPS
receiver on 13.8V without a problem. They have been tested to 16V without
issues. You'll need some velcro to keep the receiver from walking around
your dash or rear deck.

check this link for more details and an excellect review
http://www.gpsnuts.
com/myGPS/GPS/Hardware%20reviews/RandMcNally/rand_mcnally_gps.htm

73's -K0STL

>From: Jim Murray <james31@m...>
>Date: Sun Jul 9, 2000 10:39am
>Subject: Re: Rand Mcnally GPS
>

>Just did this yesterday.
>Bought the Rand McNally at Best Buy for $79 and they printed out a rebate
>form for $20 at check-out, not a bad deal.
>Since I did not wish to use the GPS with a laptop, I cut the bottom
section
>of the GPS cable off, leaving a single cable going to the GPS unit.
>
>The R/M GPS Unit has 4 internal connections going to the cable with three
>wires and a shield:
>
>White Wire - Data Out (Connect to Red Wire on the Kenwood 2.5 mm GPS Jack)
>Yellow Wire - Data In (Connect to White Wire on the Kenwood 2.5 mm GPS
Jack)