From: Keith Maton [mailto:keith@...]
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 4:27 AM
To: TMD700A@...
Subject: [TMD700A] Two problems with wireless.

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks or so that my TM-D700E is doing
two strange things.

With APRS running on VHF, and UHF on a repeater I can let go of the PTT
while chatting on the repeater and instead of getting a signal back from the
repeater, I get nothing. If I just click the PTT in and out again, the
signal comes back and it's OK.

Secondly, and this can happen whether I'm using UHF or not. The radio just
drops out of TNC mode, the TNC and BCON indicators vanish and the frequency
numerals change to being large as they do when the TNC is turned off. It
will stay like this for a few seconds and then it drops back into "Opening
TNC" mode, and is back to normal.

Has anyone else noticed anything like either of these, or got any ideas?

Thanks.

Keith
--
Keith Maton, G6NHU