From: "Simon French" <simon@...>
To: <TMD700A@...>; <mods@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2000 1:35 AM
Subject: [TMD700A] Cross band repeat

I have now been given the mod for enabling cross band rebroadcast.

This comes from a copy of a fax that has Kenwood across the top of it.
Here
is a transcript.

+----
5. Modification procedures for models to other Type (Transmitter band
expansion, ext)
Set a desired destination by adding or deleting three chip jumpers (R659,
R661, R662) and a lead jumper (W602) on the foil side of the TX-RX unit
(X57-586X-XX). (Refer to the attached tables 2 to 19 for details.) [Didn't
get a copy of those].

Remove R659 and W062 to extend the transmitting band.
Remove R675 to modify the channel display mode. [Shows channel instead of
frequency?]
Remove R674 to modify the repeater.
(Repeater in TM-D700A to U.S.A./Canada has already been modified before
factory)
+----

I have looked at the board and cannot find R674, however there are tow
chip
resistors (0 ohm?) labelled REPTER and CH. Ay a guess these are R674 and
R675 respectively. I may try to remove REPTER later and watch the results.

Usual caveats in place, if it breaks because of these mods, you are on
your
own.

Simon French
g6ztz