From: Simon French [mailto:simon@...]
Sent: 03 June 2000 07:35
To: TMD700A@...; mods@...
Subject: [TMD700A] Cross band repeat

I have now been given the mod for enabling cross band rebroadcast.

This comes from a copy of a fax that has Kenwood across the top of it. Here
is a transcript.

+----
5. Modification procedures for models to other Type (Transmitter band
expansion, ext)
Set a desired destination by adding or deleting three chip jumpers (R659,
R661, R662) and a lead jumper (W602) on the foil side of the TX-RX unit
(X57-586X-XX). (Refer to the attached tables 2 to 19 for details.) [Didn't
get a copy of those].

Remove R659 and W062 to extend the transmitting band.
Remove R675 to modify the channel display mode. [Shows channel instead of
frequency?]
Remove R674 to modify the repeater.
(Repeater in TM-D700A to U.S.A./Canada has already been modified before
factory)
+----

I have looked at the board and cannot find R674, however there are tow chip
resistors (0 ohm?) labelled REPTER and CH. Ay a guess these are R674 and
R675 respectively. I may try to remove REPTER later and watch the results.

Usual caveats in place, if it breaks because of these mods, you are on your
own.

Simon French
g6ztz

Remember the good 'ol days