Re: s-meter reading?

Brad (KE7HFP)

Thanks for the insights.  I never really thought about this before.  The only reason this came up is because I'm studying for my general, and one of the refresher topics was on reporting signal strength with an s-meter.  That got me wondering how I would report this with my radio?  I'm a visual person so I put together this graphical representation approximating of the Kenwood s-meter bars on the s-unit chart.  I guess I also have too much time on my hands if I'm doing this.  At any rate sounds like the best report is "1 bar means a weaker signal and all bars means a lot of signals."

Thanks!