Re: TNC Buffer (RNR)

Scott MacGillivray, KM6RTE

Csmacg45@...
From: TMD700A@groups.io <TMD700A@groups.io> on behalf of R. Patrick Ryan <kc6vvt@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 4, 2021 9:48:39 AM
To: TMD700A@groups.io <TMD700A@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TNC Buffer (RNR)

This may help

73 de Pat

R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT, ASEC/IL, OES/IL, Grid: EN51lf,
email: kc6vvt@...
Facebook for ham related:  http://www.facebook.com/KC6VVT/info

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 9:45 AM Joshua KJ7LVZ <joshuajayg@...> wrote:
Okay, you packet junkies, I have a question about the internal TNC.  It have an MFJ-1270B that I am using to connect to my 710G.  On the 710G I have CONOK ON and BBS ON.  I can connect to my 710G but then I get an RNR after connection (Receive Not Ready.)  This is because I have nothing connected to me serial adapter on the 710G, it's just sitting there, and the serial buffer gets full.  But...  shouldn't the 710G be able to operate stand-alone and accept a small number of BBS messages without being connected to a computer?  I thought it had enough internal memory to store BBS messages.  Is there a way to flush the serial buffer when a computer isn't connected?  Maybe I misunderstand the BBS ON option.