Re: garmin III plus no lat long

Rick Robinson

I had to replace the internal battery inside. It is like a thin cap standing on its end. It brought mine back to life except for the year won’t change.

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 7:53 PM Amir K9CHP <sarlabs@...> wrote:
OK, both the Garmin II and the III+ were receiving and positions reported were very close. The date on the III+ was WRONG though and so was the time!

The last pic is a screen shot of my phone for reference.

On August of 1999 I was on a search and rescue mission in Australia (down under). Unbeknown to me, the GPS almanac rolled over as we were in the Great Sandy desert.
My Garmin II turned into a brick! It worked again once the firmware was updated, back in the US... The last rollover had no effect on my GPS receivers, historical ones and more current ones.
--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator (EC)
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR (ret.) www.wsar.org
Eagle Valley Search Dogs (ret.) www.evdogs.org

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021, 18:35 Amir K9CHP via groups.io <sarlabs=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have a Garmin II, just put batteries in it, now waiting. It will take long as it needs to download the current almanac first, before being able to calculate its position.

Will do the same with my Garmin III+...

I'll report back later...

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator (EC)
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR (ret.) www.wsar.org
Eagle Valley Search Dogs (ret.) www.evdogs.org

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021, 11:05 Joe Callahan via groups.io <bfhs1051=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
my garmin II plus shows three or more sats but no lat long shows, any ideas...  joe

--
Rick Genesis 1-29