Menu Structure Document

Steve Matzura

I had the need to reset my radio the other day because I got it into some state where I could not set any band to transmit or receive. I went to menu 1-9-7 and did the full reset. I then went to 1-2-4 to get the VS-3 speech chip operational again, but after that, I don't know what else to do to get the MD-53 microphone buttons to speak. I thought perhaps these settings were saved in the programming software, but no such luck. I've looked high and low on the Internet for a complete menu structure document for this radio, also n.s.l. Any hints, suggestions, or (of course) direct links to such a document greatly appreciated, with my thanks in advance. Oh, P.S., I looked in the "Specialized Communications" manual for what I'm looking for, but it has lots of little sections on how to do very specific things, and I haven't found a section that discusses programming the microphone's keypad keys. I'm thinking I'm clearly missing or skipping over something here, because I did this once, I should be able to do it again.