From: David Ranch
Sent: November 9, 2020 1:11 AM
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] How to use internal tnc D710GA

Hello Joe,

The APRS12 mode on a D710 can definitely transmit but only the TNC will create the required packets for position, objects, and even be a digipeater.  If you're looking for your computer-based program to be the packet creator, then yes, you'll want the D710 to be in PACKET12 mode to have the program put the D710's TNC into "KISS" mode or leave the TNC in COMMAND mode and use it in a hybrid way.

If you can tell us the program you're wanting to use and what you're trying to do, we can help you more.

--David
KI6ZHD

On 11/08/2020 07:12 PM, Joseph LaFerla wrote:

Thanks David.  You explained this perfectly for me and I now have got the 710 working as it should.  Regarding the aprs mode, I understand that I am only able to read packets but cannot transmit.  The only way to transmit is to use the packet12.

Joe

Sent from Mail for Windows 10