Re: Looking for a better mic suggestion

Noel Seeley

Steve,

In my situation, I use a commercial Kenwood microphone. I have four Kenwood radios (two commercial, two amateur) in my vehicle and use an eight pin switch box connected to each. That way, I can have only one microphone for all four by turning a switch. The audio reports have all been good, especially on the amateur radios. I did find a commercial mic with DTMF keypad (eBay was my friend), so I only lost the four extra buttons on the face and two buttons on top of the original. You might look into that. YMMV.

73 de K5NES

Noel

On 11/3/2020 2:49 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:
As any owner of this radio learned after about a minute of using it, the control microphone with which the package comes is not a stellar performer. It has its own distinctive sound, and since I'm using my radio a lot more than I have over the pat five years, I'd like to replace it. I realize that by replacing it, I'll probably lose the functions of the control pad, but I can probably live with that. Any suggestions for stock (no rewiring required) replacements?

TIA