Input to tnc

Joseph LaFerla

Edited

I have been experiencing a continuing problem with aprs that I do not seem to be getting out enough, even with full 50w power.  I am using the D700A in tnc pkt mode.  I am only able to get digipeated by one station very close to me, although I do have line of sight to others.

I don't know if "gain" is the right word but is there any way with the D700a of changing the amount of gain into the tnc?  I think I might be overdriving the tnc or maybe under driving it.  I looked  in the manuals but could not find anything.   I will be looking next at the audio waveform on a scope to see what it looks like.

Thanks in advance.

Joe VA3JLF