Re: Cannot transmit with D700a using TNC PKT

David Ranch

If you connect to the TNC via the COMMAND interface, can you successfully transmit a BEACON or other packet?

--David
KI6ZHD

On 09/25/2020 10:50 AM, Joseph LaFerla wrote:
I am trying to use my d700a with yaac or another aprs program to receive and transmit aprs packets.  Everything is set correctly and I can receive packets correctly.  However I cannot transmit.  The software is set up correctly but my beacon does not get transmitted, neither can I transmit if I hit the transmit button.  Is there some special setting that I have to set in my radio to enable transmission of packets?  This is only apparently a problem if I use the built-in tnc because if I connect an external tnc everything works fine.

I would appreciate any help to get me going.  Thanks in advance.

Joe VA3JLF