D700 Power-On Problem

Herb

I own three D700 radios and bought them new many years ago.  I recently ran into a problem with one of them when I could no longer turn it on via the power button.  At first the display would turn on with just the backlight on and no characters on the display, now even the backlight won’t turn on.

I changed the display head between radios and the problem is inside that particular display head.  Yes, the cable between the display head and the body is the same cable, so that should not be the problem.

Has anyone run into this problem in the past and what did you do to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Herb

KB7UVC