From: "Lee Besing" <lee@besing.com>
To: TMD700A@groups.io,Ralph Milnes <ralphmilnes@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] D700 or D710?

I have the D710AG model and the GPS is built into the remote control head.
As long as you stick it up on the dash or somewhere it has access to the GPS
signal, there is no extra GPS antenna to install or mount.

Lee Besing
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

From: "Ralph Milnes"
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Subject: [TMD700A] D700 or D710?

I’m looking for advice concerning a choice between my old D700 and a new
D710.

I'm getting a new car and plan to install one of these 2 radios in it. The
D700 still works fine, so I could use it. But would the D710 be better?

in the last car, I put the radio body in an underfloor rear storage
compartment. I pulled power from a nearby fuse box and ran mic, speaker and
control head wires under the carpet to the driver’s seat area, where I had
installed the control head. I ran antenna feed and GPS wires out the rear
hatch. It all worked well and made for a tidy/hidden install, but it was quite
a bit of work to run and hide all the wires/cables.

I’m wondering if a new D710 might be easier to install and just as tidy in
the next car (SUV). Any thoughts?

Ralph NM5RM