From: "Larry J. Ford K4AEC" <lford@...>
To: TMD700A@groups.io, Ralph Milnes <ralphmilnes@...>
Sent: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] D700 or D710?

I have both a TM-D700A (currently installed mobile) and a D710A (not yet installed).

Wire-wise, the 710 does not appear to be substantially different than the 700A,

EXCEPT,

If you buy the 710GA (or 710AG, whatever it is), with the built-in GPS, then would seem to simplify the GPS part of the installation.  Rather than have to mount and run GPS wires separately, I guess you only have to place the rig's GPS antenna appropriately and then run the GPS antenna wire back to the main body.

Not having to fool with a separate GPS receiver would seem to be a plus.

Just my .02 worth.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC