Re: D-700 as a Simple Stand-Alone Digipeater

Bob KE6GYD

Thanks Mark,
Good info.

The 700 info seems to be discussing mobile radios as digipeaters.   While I'm trying to set up a mobile radio as a digi, it will be used as a local permanent digi on a hilltop and we don't want to relay  the packets on to other digipeaters.  And it will not be on the APRS national Hz. but a rarely used packet Hz.   This use would be during special events or when the big one hits in So. Cal so our organization won't compete with all the hundreds of other stations.  The digi would pretty much be standing by until needed.
73
Bob