Re: 710G External GPS

bobsayers2000

It's certainly beginning to look as though the data may not show when using the external GPS, Joe. As it calculates the bearing and distance quite OK from that data, there can't really be any sensible reason for it. I wonder if it could be fixed with a firmware update  -  KENWOOD, ARE YOU LISTENING?

I was a little surprised, however, when you said originally that you needed the external unit. My internal one is notably sensitive even when deep inside the house, and initial setup is fast, even when the radio has been switched off for a couple of weeks.

Bob, G8IYK
APRS from the wonderful (but strangely quiet) Norfolk Broads

Need to define a location? Ask for a What3Words address!
https://what3words.com

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 at 15:05, Ron Pariseau via groups.io
<k1vsc@...> wrote:
I use a Garmin GPSMAP-478, why vecause I had it for years, it has all the sat data on screen! What type of gps are you using?

Ron K1VSC

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.