Re: GPS forD-700

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Yep, I'm being stoopid (sic).  The D700 has the 2.5mm plug.  The GPS into my T3-135 on an Alinco DR-135 is the DB9.

On 3/27/2020 6:40 PM, R. Patrick Ryan wrote:

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ -  your statement that gps connects via "DB9 to the D700"

The gps here connects to the TM-D700 with a 2.5 mm stereo plug.

Can you verify your connection?

  Thanks, Pat

R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT,  Grid: EN51lf,
email: kc6vvt@...
Facebook for ham related:  http://www.facebook.com/KC6VVT/info

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 4:26 PM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:
I use a GlobalSat BR-355 serial GPS unit with the PS-2 connector cut off
and wired into a 5v supply and DB9 to the D700.

https://www.amazon.com/GlobalSat-BR-355-Serial-GPS-Receiver/dp/B000VUFGF8

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f121/br-355-nmea-0383-puck-to-icom-m304-64578.html