I use a GlobalSat BR-355 serial GPS unit with the PS-2 connector cut off and wired into a 5v supply and DB9 to the D700.

https://www.amazon.com/GlobalSat-BR-355-Serial-GPS-Receiver/dp/B000VUFGF8

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f121/br-355-nmea-0383-puck-to-icom-m304-64578.html

On 3/27/2020 12:49 PM, Bill Simm wrote:
Hi Frank,
 I have used the Garmin GPS 18x with my d700, works great.   It comes with your choice of USB, DB-9 or bare wire connetion.
Cost around $100.   Here is the website :

https://www.gpscentral.ca/products/garmin/18x.html

               Bill (VA1ALW)

From: Frank J Rossi Jr
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 12:20 PM
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Subject: [TMD700A] GPS forD-700

My old Garmin GPS-35 finally died.
It has been connected to my D-700 for over 15 years in my truck.
My question is What is the current best deal on a No Display GPS that
will work with the D-700 ?
The old GPS-35 looked like a computer mouse with a magnet on the bottom,
that ran on 12 volts.
I presume there is something like that out there that is much smaller
out there now.
Don't need a GPS with a display to see other hams.
Function - Position, I can see the GPS coordinates on the Radio.
Thanks in advance.
N3FLR - Frank